Founder & CEO, Vuma Reputation Management, Johannesburg, South Africa
Janine is the CEO and Founder of Vuma Reputation Management, a company that specialises in reputation management which is, crisis communication, media liaison, government relations and risk management.
Janine’s extensive business knowledge, skill and intricate understanding of reputation management are the outcome of over 30 years of experience across various sectors of industry. She has been employed by Southern Sun, Sun International, Vodacom and Primovie (a division of Primedia) and has sat on the boards of Kaizer Chiefs, Ster-Kinekor Home Entertainment and Ster-Kinekor Licensing. Janine has also worked for First National Bank and was a founding member of ebucks.com, the First Rand e-Commerce initiative. Janine has been fortunate enough to travel to over 34 Countries and gained knowledge and wisdom from every sphere.
In 2003 Janine gave away all her belongings and took a year out from corporate life to further her journey of self-discovery and knowledge. She hiked to Mount Everest base camp, completed the 850km El Camino de Santiago in Spain, and trekked through Tibet and Nepal visiting monasteries and nunneries. She then returned and spent time at the feet of a Spiritual Master that brought her a deep insight into the understanding of true leadership and the importance of reputation management. This then led to her launching Vuma Reputation Management.
Janine has been accorded exclusive membership of the International Womens Forum of South Africa (IWFSA). Janine has also been invited to speak locally at the University of the Orange Free State. Janine also attended the INBREC (International Brand and Reputation Community) Summit and Gala Dinner as an invited guest, held at the Henley Business School in the UK.
Janine Hills’ Awards and Nominations:
- Nominated for CEO Magazine’s ‘Africa’s Most Influential Women In Business and Government’ Award 2014
- Nominated for Topco’s Top Woman Award for 2014
- Awarded the Brand Leadership Award at the Global Awards for Brand Excellence 2012
- Winner 2012 BBQ New Innovative Business Award
- Nominated for inclusion in the 2009 Edition of International Who’s Who of Professionals, an elite network of leaders in Commerce, Economics, Policy and Trade
- Awarded CEO Magazine’s Meritorious Award as a finalist in the Communications Sector category in the 2008 South Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government Awards
- Nominated as a finalist in the Entrepreneur category of Topco Media’s Top Women Awards 2008 for excellence in Business and Public Service.